Adding a collection of transactions
This screen allows you to enter a collection of transactions that have been gathered by one individual / organisation on behalf of multiple individuals and need to be receipted to the individuals.
For instance you could have received several donations for your general funds on Sunday and another collection for the building project. You can load both into the same batch using the Add collective transaction screen.
- Click Finance on the Navigation Menu.
- On the Transaction Processing screen, click Transactions and then Add collective transaction. (You will need the Finance Fund Raiser View enabled to access this option.)
- You have the option to choose an open batch to add the collection of transactions to, or create a new batch or Rename a batch. Select the batch that you wish to add the collection of transactions to.
- Click CHOOSE.
- Enter the date by selecting a date on the calendar that the transaction was processed or the date on the cheque.
- Search for the person who presented the combined transactions by starting to type the first few letters of their name in the drop down. As you type, infoodle will search and show a list of possible matches. If a match is found, click on the one you want. To view a popup containing more information about the person, click Details..
- If the person you want is not currently in the database, then as you search you will have the option to click Quick Add. This uses the
words you used to search to populate a simple form to enable you to add a person with their name and optionally their address. If you
want to add more detail to the person, then this can be done later.
- Choose the Payment method from the drop down. Depending on the method you have chosen, will show you different additional and optional fields you can complete if you wish. Most often this is a reference used in the batch report and the reference fields are also searchable when looking for people who presented you with a donation.
The Cheque method allows you to store the cheque details which will show in the batch report. This is useful if you wish to use the batch report as a payment slip. The Branch code field is loaded with a current list of all NZ bank branches. Type in the 6 digit code for the bank or branch and then click on the match in the box that is shown. If the code is not found then you will need to enter it manually.
When using the Credit Card method make sure that you do not store credit card details in infoodle as we are not authorized to do this.
- Total amount: This is the total amount presented. As you type in the number, the screen adds further fields to be completed.
- Add a Note.
- Once you have added the note complete the transaction details for the first person of the collection. Select who to Issue receipt to by starting to type the first few letters of their name.
- Select who to receipt. This allows you to choose whether to issue the receipt in the name of the individual(s) or the household(s) or organisation(s). The third option of 'No Receipt' marks the transaction as not requiring a receipt. When issuing a receipt to a household (or organisation), infoodle will use the Household name (or Organisation name). However, if you have a Receipt alias setup in the profile then the alias will be used instead.
- From the Drop down options, select when to receipt. This gives you the option to select whether the transaction is to be receipted at the end of the year(Combined), or ad-hoc(One-off). It is only used to filter the transactions on the receipts screen and has no specific meaning other than that.
- Now continue to complete the rest of the transaction details. See Transaction Details for more information on these fields. NOTE: Once you have completed the transaction details for the first person following the instructions on the transaction details page, remember to come back to this page for information on how to add a second person.
- Due to the fact that this is a collective transaction, you will need to add another person(s) until you have fully allocated the total amount. To do this click ADD PERSON. This allows you to add another set of boxes that enables you to enter another person. This can be repeated as often as required. To remove the boxes not needed click REMOVE.
- Once you have finished adding all the people who are part of the collective transaction and have completely allocated the total amount then click SAVE TRANSACTION. This button is only shown when the total amount entered at the top of the screen matches the amounts listed in the transaction detail(s). If this button is not visible it means that you have not allocated all of the Total Amount above. The amount remaining to be allocated will be shown in the coloured box saying Amount to allocate. Once it has all been allocated then the Amount to allocate will be 0.00 and the button will appear enabling you to save the transaction.
Note: These individual amounts that are entered as a collective transaction can be viewed in the Finance section of the individuals profile. While in a person's profile click on the cog menu to the left of the person's name and click Finance to view the individuals transactions. Click here for more information on how to add the finance link to the person's profile as a finance tab.
If you are ready to receipt then click here for the next step.