Adding bulk transactions
This is useful when you have several transactions to enter that have the same purpose or are common in certain ways, e.g. a collection of donations received in the mornings post. For instance you could have received several donations for your general funds on Sunday and another collection for the building project. You can load both into the same batch using the bulk add screen.
- Click Finance on the Navigation Menu.
- On the Transaction Processing screen, click Transactions and then Add in bulk.
- You have the option to choose an open batch to add bulk transactions to, or create a new batch or Rename a batch. Select the batch that you wish to add bulk transactions to.
- Click CHOOSE.
- Simply set the Date, Method of payment, type and GST settings as described in the Transaction details page.
- Once you have set the preferred settings click START. This presents a few boxes to be completed.
- Search for the person who presented the combined transactions by starting to type the first few letters of their name in the drop down. As you type, infoodle will search and show a list of possible matches. If a match is found, click on the one you want. To view a popup containing more information about the person, click Details.. If the person you want is not currently in the database, then as you search you will have the option to click Quick Add. This uses the words you used to search to populate a simple form to enable you to add a person with their name and optionally their address. If you want to add more detail to the person, then this can be done later.
- Select who to Receipt to for this transaction. This allows you to choose whether to issue the receipt in the name of the individual(s) or the household(s) or organisation(s). The third option of 'No Receipt' marks the transaction as not requiring a receipt. When issuing a receipt to a household (or organisation), infoodle will use the Household name (or Organisation name). However, if you have a Receipt alias setup in the profile then the alias will be used instead.
- From the Drop down options, select receipt when. This gives you the option to select whether the transaction is to be receipted at the end of the year(Combined), or ad-hoc(One-off). It is only used to filter the transactions on the receipts screen and has no specific meaning other than that.
- Amount is the amount this person presented.
- Add a Reference or note regarding this transaction.
- Click SAVE.
- Either tabbing through these boxes or clicking ‘Save’ will reveal another line, and the screen scrolls up to give you space to search. Repeat as often as you need. If you need to change a line, simply click in the box you wish to change, and the Save button appears – click SAVE to save the transaction.
- Once you have loaded all you have against this combination of settings, you can either choose to change the settings e.g. a different account code, or you can change the batch you‘re working on, or simply click on the next screen you wish to work on. The details you are entering are being saved as you complete each line or click the save button.
If you are ready to receipt then click here for the next step.