There are occasions when you need to move a group to either be a sub-group of another, or to pull a sub-group out of a list of groups to be on its own. This can occur when your organisation structure changes or you decide you can work the groups better for your purposes.
To move a group:
- Select the group you wish to move and click 'Edit'. To do this you need 'maintain all groups' permission or be the administrator of that group.
- With the group in edit mode, click the Move Group button.
- Enter whether you want this group to be a Primary Group or subgroup of another group. Note: If you choose 'Primary group' then you don't need to supply any further information and can go straight to step 6.
- If you choose 'A subgroup of another group' then you need to choose which group will be the parent of the group you are editing.
- Enter the parent permissions in the new location.
- Finally, click Save.
Infoodle has moved your group!