Infoodle allows you to subdivide groups into smaller groups, called subgroups. It is possible to create multiple subgroups and even sub-subgroups. It is also possible to shift one group to become the subgroup of another.
- Select the group to split.
- In the groups details, click Create Subgroup from the Functions dropdown list.
- Enter the names of the subgroups. (A group must have a minimum of two subgroups).
- Additionally you can enter details about the purpose of the subgroup and tick whether it can perform Tasks or see Content.
- If you need more than two subgroups click on the Add button.
- Once the required details have been entered, select Add People to these Subgroups to delegate people from the parent group to the appropriate subgroup. Infoodle will give you the option to set the members' Permissions at this time.
And that's how you create subgroups!
Note: Often subgroups are created purely for administrative purposes and therefore they do not need to have Tasks and Content enabled. For example, a Newsletter Group is created to help communicate with people who will be receiving newsletters. Members of the group do not need to be able to perform Tasks or view Content. Only certain groups should ever be chosen to be able to see content.